OMG!! They EXCAPED

SteveBaz

Songster
8 Years
Aug 6, 2011
Pacific North West
I ran out of the house for a walk while the 3 new girls were running around in the side yard 8 x 30 fun for them dirt, grass, bugs, and whatever but they are entertained for sure. When I got back I freaked out
wee.gif
they were GONE..... I first checked out the dog and looked to see feathers or something. Nope he was clean. Well, they got out under the fence!
ep.gif
the adjoining neighbor had them in a box. I plugged the holes in the fence with rock now impossible. If there is a will there is a way, but holy smokes they are fast and sneaky. I know Blackie had something to do with it
smile.png
LOL LESSON HERE Steve... never turn your back or leave without putting them up in the coop.

BAZ...

Can you put the fence underground? If they can get out - predators can get in

Thanks for the reply but I do have underground wire in the coop. I left them out without putting them back in. I completely forgot them. Not in my new with chickens conscience yet
tongue.png

Steve​

Quote:
And, there will be one troublemaker and the rest are followers. My buttercups are the troublemakers. Unless the trouble involves flying. Then, the Egyptian rooster is the instigator. I don't know, seems this young batch I have now are all a bunch of delinquents. Except the leghorns and OEGBs. They are never in trouble.
jumpy.gif
:

Last edited:
we have a houdinie too... if there's one to try and fly out the door and escape it's her. So glad you're neigbor caught them for you. I would have completely freaked too... I think I do head count at least 4 times a day (down from at least 10 x's). At least they'll let you know where your security weaknesses are.

Back
Top Bottom