OMG this is too aweful! :'(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknThief, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/2751148771.html

That
    is the most emaciated cow I have ever seen! And that calf is looking pretty unthrifty too... [​IMG] Anybody in this area have 700 bucks and want to save a cow and calf? I so would but I don't have the money or a place to keep them

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. rirbrahma

rirbrahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2011
    hawaii
    That's so sad!!!! [​IMG] I wish.

3. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    If you can't afford to feed 'em, don't have 'em. I'm not a big fan of the ASPCA, PETA, AHS, etc for their political stances, but instances like this are where they do have a place and should step in. If I had a cow and calf like that on my farm, they would have had a date with a rifle bullet and a meat grinder long ago if I couldn't afford the feed or find them a good home. The balls that this person has to publicly post this and ask $700 to take them away!! Even if given a good home they may never recover from that level of malnutrition. Probably put 'em down stage.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wish I had a farm. She looks like she could be a great milk cow if she were properly nourished. The udder is huge.

5. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    I know dairy cows are normally thin but that is too thin and sad.

6. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Oh...that is too sad. [​IMG] Horrible owners.

7. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    I know! It just breaks my heart [​IMG] You can just see all the pain and hunger there. [​IMG] I did send the owner a not-so-friendly email [​IMG] I remained mature and didn't resort to cussing etc, but I certainly let them know EXACTLY what I think of them. [​IMG]

8. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    She could have Johne's disease, folks. A friend had a cow that calved, contracted Johne's, and got incredibly emaciated, worse than this one. Johne's is a bacterial disease that has no cure and can pretty much do worse than the cow in that ad. So she very well could have it and the seller either a) doesn't know, or b) won't tell.

Just another POV.

9. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Forget paying $700! Call the police. I can't look at that picture, but if its animal cruelty, then the animal cruelty police will take the animals.

10. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Definitely possible, but either way he is being irresponsible. He is either starving two animals and trying to sell them for a large sum, he is trying to sell a sick AND emaciated animal for a large sum, or he doesn't realize she is sick but is selling her for a large sum despite how painfully skinny she is.

The way I see it, no matter which way you look at it, that calf and cow are in trouble, and it doesn't appear as if their owner has done a darn thing about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by