OMG this is wierd.

Bantymama

Songster
12 Years
Apr 19, 2007
MN
I decided to make brownies. Okay no problem. Get every thing ready i crack my eggs on plate before i use them to check for fertility. I crack my first egg and what comes out a partcialy developed chick. It was very small about 1 in long. How far along do you think it was. I do have a brooby hen in there that are due to hatch next week. Did not smell or seem rotten. This was just awfull.

My Grandpa used to love to eat those kind of eggs. Grossed all us kids out. But we were relieved that he ate all the 'funky' eggs, so we didn't have to (nothing was wasted on their ranch).

Quote:
old.gif
th.gif

Quote:
yep, they are soft boiled, and it's called Balut. Ucky.

It's hard to say how far along it was, I've only ever seen different stages through the shell. Did you accidently take one of the broodies eggs? They develope very quickly in the last week or so of developement.

I went out and counted her eggs and she still has 4. She is seperated from the rest of the chickens now. Unless when she got up to eat another one went in and laid one and that one rolled out. Im gona candle the rest of the eggs that were brought in the last couple of days and see if there are more or maybe just through them all away.

Back
Top Bottom