OMG waht an AMAZING morning!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kelseygirl707, May 14, 2010.

1. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    OMG OMG OMG! Today has been the best day!!! Hubby and I went to a fleamarket in town and a few garage sales. Well we found tons of good deals on things at the fleamarket, including some decorations for my coop like a iron door knocker that is a rooster, and I found my mom a Cricket Die cut machine for $50, never used! At walmart they are $185! Then we went to the lumber store and I was shocked to find that T1-11 that 10 years ago was $10 a sheet is now over $30 a sheet [​IMG]
    . So I asked about Plywood, the cheap stuff that is pressed and glued together is $22 bucks and Sheet! And I just can't justify spending $100 on siding for my little 8x4 coop, so I just bought the 2x4's to finish up the frame for now. Well the guy loading the wood into our car was talking to my husband about our coop, and then starts talking to me about chickens. Turns out he has a small flock of RIR's, and asks if I am looking to buy an incubator, so I ask what kind and how much, he says "I'm not sure of the brand but its big like a cabinet [​IMG] , and he would have to talk to his wife about price, then he says it also has a separate hatcher the same size [​IMG] [​IMG]" , so by now I am [​IMG] , so I take his number and name, and will call him tomorrow to find out the price. Now this whole time we were telling him how we just don't have the money to spend $100 on plywood for this coop, and how we are doing a little at a time to be able to afford it all, so he knows we don't have a lot to spend, so hopefully he will take that into consideration when deciding a price.

Now it get's even better! Hubby asks if he knows anybody getting rid of scrap plywood that we could use for our coop, and the guy says
    "Actually, I have several sheets that come in on top of the bundles of plywood that are used to protect the selling plywood, they aren't the best quality, you know, may have some scratches and dings, as well as have spray paint on them, you could have some of that, I put it aside for non profits when they need it"

. So he takes us back to look at it, it looks just as good as the plywood they are selling! [​IMG] So we tell him yah, we have to finish changing the brakes on our truck today, but we will be in tomorrow to pick up a few sheets! I Am soooo excited! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    That is the best day! [​IMG]

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Im Jealous LOL!

5. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    [​IMG] Thanks for an uplifting story. Kinda renews your hope.

6. grundail01

grundail01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Dustin Acres
    Way to go!
    [​IMG]

7. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Awesome!! I just love days like that!!!

8. Debob