OMG What have I done?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tressa27884, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    So.....I go into Concord Feed on Clayton Road today, because I'm planning on picking up chicks from their Pleasant Hill store tomorrow. I go in to get chick starter, and dog food and some other stuff to get my brooder ready and I came home with two silkie bantam babies - a black and a white. I'm doomed. Chick season wasn't supposed to start for me until tommorrow and I'm all ready +2. YIKES!

2. wholewheatchicken

wholewheatchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Lebanon, Ohio
    They call this chicken math. [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I can set my brooder up in 15 minutes flat, and have before (after a trip to the feed store to buy something other than chicks). [​IMG]

4. horseshowmomnv

horseshowmomnv Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    I just shared this post with my husband, we don't even have our chicks yet, and he precedes to tell me that there is such a thing as Chicken Subtraction.... So not only is there addition, he is telling me there is subtraction... LOL!!!! had to laugh.

5. Tressa27884

Tressa27884 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2011
    East Bay, Ca.
    I have yet to see chicken subtraction in actual practice, unless you count the number of chicks you are subtracting from the feed store. Last March I went in to buy FOUR pullets. As you can see by my signature line I have way more than four, plus two roosters and now two silkies. I have my calendar packed with the days that the types of pullets I want arrive at the feed store, I'm going to pick up a new coop and run tomorrow and oh yeah - I have 12 eggs in the bator.......Perhaps I should have given up trips to the feed store for Lent...

6. crankster76

crankster76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Kingston,Tn.
    i subtracted a few the other day. tasty...

7. horseshowmomnv

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    I don't see any subtraction in the future for us... I think it was my husbands wishful thinking. [​IMG]

8. horseshowmomnv

Feb 9, 2012
    Reno NV
    My husband enjoyed this post! Thanks for the chuckle.

9. crankster76

crankster76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Kingston,Tn.
    welcome. LOL...

10. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    I know how you feel LOL. My first group of chicks I got 8 the next week I had 7 more. This year I ordered 15 chicks added 5 at the last minute. And monday I'm headed to a feed and send to get roughly 30 more plus 5 duckling.
    My chicken project went from wanting only 8 to having 40+.(sold some)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by