1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

omg why didnt anyone ever tell me how darn cute chickens are??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mickeymousears, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mickeymousears

mickeymousears Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    SLO; CA
    We are new chicken owners and everyday they make me laugh. Today I think my rooster is starting to practice is crow. It sounds like he's being strangled so he has a lot of work to do before its a cock-a-doodle-doo but nonetheless adorable. [​IMG]

2. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

A lot of people refer to it as "watching the chicken channel". Never boring!! [​IMG]

3. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

its so cute when they first try [​IMG] I wonder if they think they sound bad ? [​IMG]

4. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    I can't wait for mosquito season to get out of town.. Because I really truly enjoy watching them.. It's just been a brutal summer and Mosquitos eat me alive.

I so want fall to come, so I can sit outside and just watch them for hours..
    Xoxox

5. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Quote:Same here in WNC. We dress up in pants and sleeved shirts to watch them early in the morning with our coffee. But it's been brutal this year. Worst I've seen, and I grew up in south FL. We both can't wait for fall and the first real cold front to kill off the bugs...

6. threecutechicks

threecutechicks Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    I have taken to eating breakfast and lunch outside just to watch the girls, they are such a hoot!!!![​IMG]

7. adele

adele Out Of The Brooder

Dec 6, 2010
    my cockerel is just starting to crow too. He sounds like someone pretending to be a (very noisy) ghost 'wooooo-oooo' rather than cock-a-doodle-do! they are all so fun to watch, great time wasters!

8. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    SSHHHHH!! Don't tell the others. We keep that little known fact between us chicken lovers! [​IMG] Cutest things ever!

9. duckinnut

duckinnut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2010
    Marshfield, Ma.
    Quote:Ok,Ok,Ok we must have missed you on the "their so darn cute" warning mailer. But here is your warning about this affliction called "chicken math",you may have heard about it by now. You might even be in stage 1 chicken math by now. There is no early detection for this,it sneaks up on you. Then kablamm an uncurable case of it. There are many symptoms,and everybody is different. You wake up one day and the 6 chicks you had is now 20 something. You spend more time caring for them than you do your children. After going to the chick store to pick up a couple of breeds,the ride home your thinking about what breeds your getting next. This is a mere few of what are many symptoms. CONSIDER yourself warned. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by