Omg will they survive?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rooster brandon., Nov 9, 2010.

1. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Well i got home and the incubator was on 110 F dergrees will my eggs survive there olny 5 days into incubation.

2. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    Yes, I am sure they will be fine...just adjust it now. I had mine spike up to 115 before when I was at work...I panicked and asked the same question....they hatched on time and was a successful hatch.

3. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    Whew I Thought I Ended 4 Chickies Lives.......

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I really would say, I don't know, I hope it wasn't there very long....Over 102 can be cooked unless just a minimal short spike or error in thermometer. Praying all will go well, keep us posted...

5. Hi! A spike of 110 for a very short time isn't a killer.
    I could tell a story of a husband who never in 5 years ever touched the incubators/hatchers, but just yesterday *thought* the hatching chicks *sounded* cold and dinked with the thermostat --- the hatcher was 112* when *the wife* went in to check. *The wife* could seriously pinch his head off for messing with the incubator/hatchers and walking off ( but it's nobody that lives here).
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Yes, agree lisa, praying it will be a very very very short spike!!! Any news yet?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by