OMG Wrong color chicks?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by -Mr.HenryRooster, Oct 23, 2010.

1. -Mr.HenryRooster

-Mr.HenryRooster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2010
    ok three buff O ladys and one buff O roo = yellow fuzzy chicks ? Wrong [​IMG] [​IMG] i got two black chicks and one yellow so far and there still comeing . What happend? why arnt they the breeds color? But i still love the little fuzzballs [​IMG] all the same just kinda caught me offguard.....

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well, either the neighbors roo has been visiting... or your birds are split-black...[​IMG]

3. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Buff is the most common. They also can be pure white, pure black, blue which is actually gray, and various varieties of splash colorations.
    umm not sure is there another rooster around or his he your only rooster????????

4. -Mr.HenryRooster

Sep 27, 2010
    Nope they are in a seprate coop......no chance for a second roo.....So they will come up all black or?

5. -Mr.HenryRooster

Sep 27, 2010
    Quote:So they cary the differnet color gene and nature picks the color?

6. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Pensacola
    Ahh best laid plans of men and mice :? Don't even know what to tell you... I really wish I knew chicken genetics better... LOL Maybe someone will know over in the genetics section... I can't wait to see what they turn out to look like as they grow...

[​IMG] and give that to the neighbors Roo if the chicks end up looking like him LOL

Christal

7. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

How long have the hens been separate from the other roos? They can be fertile from a previous roo for up to a month.

8. -Mr.HenryRooster

Sep 27, 2010
    Quote:That must be it i had them all together for three day befor i collected the eggs. Befor that the wow the daddy roo could be sevral diffrent Breeds.Well i guess its going to be intresting seeing what they grow up to look like thank you again for your reply and everyone els who took the time to post [​IMG]

9. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    -Mr.HenryRooster :

ok three buff O ladys and one buff O roo = yellow fuzzy chicks ? Wrong [​IMG] [​IMG] i got two black chicks and one yellow so far and there still comeing . What happend? why arnt they the breeds color? But i still love the little fuzzballs [​IMG] all the same just kinda caught me offguard.....

Don't feel all alone..I have one Buff hen that throws a white chick every time. And she had two nice Buff Orp Roos to choose from..lol.​

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  10. -Mr.HenryRooster

Sep 27, 2010
    Quote:Don't feel all alone..I have one Buff hen that throws a white chick every time. And she had two nice Buff Orp Roos to choose from..lol.

hahahah [​IMG] It was just so strang went up to the bator and seen them [​IMG] then did a touble take then looked at my hatching log and at first i thought maby i put a BR egg in there. Then out pops another one and so a ran to the computer and thought i would ask the great BYC peeps what they thought!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by