OMG!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Blisschick, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I was just sitting here watching the local news, and a breeder that I bought eggs from this past spring has had all her animals and chickens confiscated by the SPCA! I had gone to her house to pick up the eggs, and the place was deplorable. The report said that the SPCA and the local authorities had been to her place several times, and I believe it. I don't, however, believe what they said about her getting in over her head, implying it was unintentional. She told me herself she was a hatchaholic, and from what I saw, an animal horder. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, but I'm relieved it finally happened!

All those poor birds...If you live near Houston, please adopt some. They said they took in over 400! I know she had peacocks, geese, ducks, chickens, and some dogs and cats.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  2. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    In Houston Bliss?

3. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    That is horrible. similar situation in Mendon MA. 700 chickens and over 300 ducks seized from a guy who had dead dying and starving all suffering. i am getting 3 tomorrow. erinm

4. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Randy, she's from Spring, down off Stubner Airline. She's a member on the the other BYC forum, but I'm not going to mention names at this point...there's no reason to.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  5. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    Sad!

6. firechicken

firechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Covington, GA
    The whole situation is just sad.

7. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    When do you think they would be adoptable, and do you think they would ship to CA?

8. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by