Omg!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Rainstorm, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    I recently posted a topic about a guy selling muscovys, I visited his farm today and got 7 muscovys of my choice free. 2 pure whites, 4 Black/chocolate mixes, and 1 Duclair or w/e you call it but looks like its gonna end up with a chocolate head and black back.

But what really amazes me.... His farm is about 4 acres maybe 4 and a half. He has 3 BIG ponds in his backyard, and When I say this I SWEAR I am not stretching the truth, He had to have OVER 500 Muscovys running around if not alot more, Everywhere and everycorner of his land you looked was a HUGE Grove of ducks all muscovys, Now you'd think him having that many most would be mean and fearful of people? His son handed me a bowl of corn and told me to walk in the pen to pick my ducks out, Walked in and nearly had a heart attack. Here comes muscovys running in all directions toward me practically standing on my feet!!! I seriously ahd to watch closely when walking out of there so I didnt step on them. I LOVE that farm he had a great setup and everything. Although you do start to feel funny when about 500+ ducks are following you around the yard... My brother said I looked like a little kid in a candy store [​IMG]

Ill post pictures whenever I can, Laptop hardrive quit so im using my brothers old laptop and some reason the usb wont work for me

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Quote:Starting with 7 muscovies you too could be up to your neck in muscovies in about three years. Think! they can produce 3 clutches per hen per year 20 ducklings per clutch isn't unknown but lets be realistic and say only a dozen ducklings/clutch. So if you don't run out of feed money you might have up to say 15 dozen young muscovies this time next year.............O M G! Indeed!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ducks are funny! If one finds something good, it is a matter of seconds before the rest are all over you trying to get at it.....

5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Must have been packed with ducks! I want to see!

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Oh WOW! How did you ever pick just a few????! Waiting on those pics [​IMG]

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I want to see pics too!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shelly

8. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:It wasnt easy! [​IMG] Lets just say my brother had to sit down for awhile till I finally finished, He said he'd check this laptop out later so maybe ill get pics on here sometime tonight

9. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

But what really amazes me.... His farm is about 4 acres maybe 4 and a half. He has 3 BIG ponds in his backyard, and When I say this I SWEAR I am not stretching the truth, He had to have OVER 500 Muscovys running around if not alot more, Everywhere and everycorner of his land you looked was a HUGE Grove of ducks all muscovys, Now you'd think him having that many most would be mean and fearful of people? His son handed me a bowl of corn and told me to walk in the pen to pick my ducks out, Walked in and nearly had a heart attack. Here comes muscovys running in all directions toward me practically standing on my feet!!! I seriously ahd to watch closely when walking out of there so I didnt step on them. I LOVE that farm he had a great setup and everything. Although you do start to feel funny when about 500+ ducks are following you around the yard... My brother said I looked like a little kid in a candy store

I could easily see how that could happen! BUT 500+ [​IMG] I felt overwhelmed with 60 this summer. I am now at a reasonable 32 at this time. [​IMG]

Waiting for pic's!!!! [​IMG]

10. Rainstorm

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    Quote:Starting with 7 muscovies you too could be up to your neck in muscovies in about three years. Think! they can produce 3 clutches per hen per year 20 ducklings per clutch isn't unknown but lets be realistic and say only a dozen ducklings/clutch. So if you don't run out of feed money you might have up to say 15 dozen young muscovies this time next year.............O M G! Indeed!

7 not including my first 2 and 3 a lady dropped off here friday because someone called wildlife control or something and they were gonna come out take em and kill em, and yeah I know how many they can have, Not planning on keeping any babies they have though (I say that now but wait) and I got 3 people who wants to buy baby ducks from me when mine start hatching, a lady who runs a redneck petstore, guy at a feed store, and some other guy. Plus if push comes to shove Theres always freecycle!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by