Omg!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by swdunn0926, Jan 27, 2010.

1. swdunn0926

swdunn0926 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    Fayetteville
    OK I have 24 hens and 2 roosters, and in the 1 year and a half, the most eggs I have ever gotten has been 10, well guess what today I collected a total of 18 eggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eggcited here!!! I got 8 ee eggs (blue ones, green ones and olive ones) two maran eggs (I would say the darkest yet since my maran girls just started laying)!!! And then my buff orp's always lay the largest and the prettiest brown eggs as well as my 3 cross brooding hens laid their small ivory colored eggs!! So this post is to thank my ladies for their daily supply of eggs!!!

Now on their behalf of 10 of my hens are old rescued hens that were throw aways from a old farm and I dont expect them to lay daily but today was a surprise!!! Love my ladies!!!

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] Congrats to you and the ladies. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Wow! [​IMG] I don't even know what I'd do with eighteen eggs, haha! I have thirty chickens (only two are roos) and I don't think I've ever gotten that many in a day before! Of course, I have some hens that are between eight and eleven years old so I don't expect them to lay, but still. Eighteen eggs is impressive. [​IMG]

4. Miss Sebright

Miss Sebright Little Hen.....Big Attitude!

Apr 3, 2009
    In a nutshell
    i ^^^ __
    < * ) / /_
    U \\ / / /_
    / \\_____/ / / /
    | / / /
    | ( ( /
    | ( ( (___ |
    | ______ |
    |____________|
    \\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\|/
    \\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\|/|\\/|\\|/|/

Congrats!

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. NancyinAlaska

NancyinAlaska Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Willow Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    Congrats!! [​IMG] That's impressive!!

9. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Impressive! Most impressive! I sure hope you gave those lovely ladies an extra special good treat for all of that hard work! Not to mention the communication that must have taken place to do that...an agreement between all involved that they would all lay their egg on the same day! [​IMG]

The best I've ever gotten was 9 eggs from 12 girls of laying age in a single day. You could have knocked me over with a feather (pun intended) on that day! [​IMG]

10. swdunn0926

swdunn0926 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 14, 2008
    Fayetteville
    Serrin, my ladies and two gents get treats daily, but rest assured I did give them extra goodies after recieving that bountiful gift! Now with that being said today we are back to 9 eggs, however let me say the 9 today were monster of eggs, all blue, green, and olive with a single brown thrown in for measure!! Not upset just happy to have my birds and the eggs they give me are fine! Happy Days are still to come with chickens in your life!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by