Omgm Im Soooo Excited!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by GAChknGirl, Oct 31, 2009.

1. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    My sister whom i have never met, well we found her today i get to meet her next weekend!!!

I have her on my Facebook now, but i don't know how to start a convo with her??

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    That's awesome!! Does she know who you are? As long as she knows you're her sister it should be fairly easy to start a conversation. Just tell her about yourself and let her know you're excited to meet her.

BTW, did you get your eggs today?

3. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    That is wonderful! I am sure once you two start talking it will all come naturally. Enjoy your time with her.

My mom and dad divorced when I was 6 months old last I seen him I was one year old. I found him when I was 29 and met my whole family. Nothing can replace those lost years [​IMG] but I wouldn't change knowing them now. I live close to dad and I have 2 half brothers and nephews and a niece, tons of family that I love dearly now and would never trade.
    My biggest regret is I didn't get to meet my Grandpa he had passed a few years before. [​IMG]

(sorry if I hijacked)

4. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I got ur eggs jsut now!!!

5. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    congrats, i met mine when i was 15. but be careful, you get very emotional about these things and its very easy to get hurt. laugh, love and take it easy. [​IMG]

6. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Quote:I am 19 she is 30, i am very excited she added me on facebook today but i dont want to rush things, so idk what to say

7. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    we are closer in age, i am 39 she is 37. i have a half sister that is much younger that i have seen, but i don't think she knows about me. maybe one day i will get to meet her. [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I met mine back in 2000. She died in 2003 (I think it was) of retinal cancer just before her 49th birthday. It's good that you have contacted her.

9. GAChknGirl

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    I talked to her for hours on the phone today she is great get to meet her in person on Saturday

10. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    That's wonderful! You all should have lot and lots to talk about and catch up with each other!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by