omgosh thus egg is smaller than a dime please help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jessaw1981, Aug 19, 2010.

1. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    pics at bottom. my hens are about a year got them from someone don't really know how old they were all by there self untill my younger ones git about 3 and half mo. moved them together. my turkey pecked the dom lady in foot I room them 2 back to there house so they would be together and she could heal. then when she was better put them in at roost time it went great made there new final home all went in now this is the less dom. of the 2 she has not laied an egg since all the moving around my dd kinda tossed her up about a four to watch her fly ( I know never again ) she hurt her leg. I put her by herself. about 3 or 4 days now she's getting slit better my other hen the dom. one has settled back down and is laying again. the seperated one laied this this am. why it worries me she has layer crumbles and clean water. the inside was egg white with little blood in it and not hard at all ? please help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jessaw1981

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    o and she is a golden commet !

3. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Thats what is known as a "Fart egg" You get them every once in a while. Usually when they are just starting to lay. But they can come when ever! It should be fine. I got my first one about a week ago. But mine was totally hard and normal just tiny. Most don't have yolks but a few do. I don't know if anyone has ever tried to incubate 1 or not. Prolly not since most don't have yolks. I guess you could always candle it first then decide to try and incubate it.

God Bless!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. jessaw1981

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    freaked me out I was wondering if she was egg bound. which would have killed her by now so am I to assume she is starting to lay again ?

5. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    That would make since to me. Everything is getting back to running order. Just think of it as a test run! LOL

6. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Whoa, that is TINY!!! but I agree it is prob just a fart egg. It's about the size of a fart, that is for sure.

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    They are also called pullet eggs, as pulets just beginning to lay sometimes lay tiny eggs until they get their machinery all oiled up and working properly. Of course hens starting back up after a broody spell or a molt also lay them. I prefer the "pullet egg" term.

8. savingdogs

savingdogs Chillin' With My Peeps

lol...I prefer the term fart egg.....my teenage boys are dying for one to be in the nest now because I told them they were called fart eggs.

I thought I ought to warn them because we got one without a shell and my 18-year-old was freaked out that something was very very wrong!

9. jessaw1981

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    lol thanks guys my girls like fart egg mostly because I HATE THAT WORD lol. my 10 yo is the one that found it she went to get hobbles out lol and freaked out.

10. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    some call them "wind eggs" that mike make it a little easier to take lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by