Omlet Cube arrived already!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kathleengp, Nov 14, 2009.

1. kathleengp

kathleengp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    When I first checked into it months ago, I was told it was about 6 weeks to ship. So I ordered last weekend and it was here this weekend - what a surprise!

Here are the girls inspecting all the packages on the front porch:
    [​IMG]

My 11 year old son helped me...it took us about 2 hours. I bought the extended run for once winter sets in. Right now the Cube will be moved every day and the girls will spend a good deal of time daily freeranging. It's easier to move without the extended run on it. In another 4-6 weeks or so, it will get set up on a winter location on wood chips and we will switch to the long run then. I will put greenhouse film on the top of the run and that will be their winter set-up.

Here they are in the new run:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is our goofy Sebright who likes to climb right into the grub bowl to eat - lol:

[​IMG]

It is very sturdy and predator-proof. It really takes 2 to move it as it is a bit unruly when up on the wheels but that is to be expected for such a large and heavy structure. The girls went to bed just fine and look all cozy for the night!!

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    That's really neat! I've never heard of it though, where did you find it?

3. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Thats sooo cute love the pics.. [​IMG] Looks like that seabrite is loving it's new feeder [​IMG]

4. kathleengp

kathleengp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  5. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Beautiful. I'd love one some day!

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks a bunch, that is neat site!

7. SurprisingWoman

SurprisingWoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    South Weber, UT
    That's great! Sounds like great service and the fact that you and your son did it in two hours is awesome.

Very nice.

8. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm really glad you decided on the Cube, and I love the red. Congratulations.

9. ISSOLA

ISSOLA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    North Shore, MA
    That looks HOT! I agree with Mark (angels4).

Note to anybody else who plans to purchase the Eglu Cube. You need a truck to transport the boxes home from a Greyhound station. An important point. A Tacoma truck bed will be FULL with these boxes. So ask favor from friends and family to borrow truck before collecting the boxes. Small SUVs, no can do. Big SUVs maybe. Cars - I wouldn't.

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Even the small Eglu will fill a Tacoma truck bed! Trust me, I've had first hand experience! [​IMG] Those Eglus are bigger than most people expect!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by