1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

? on a Brahma and Bantam cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jason McGowen, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Jason McGowen

Jason McGowen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2015
    Has anyone ever had any success crossing a Golden Laced Sebright rooster and a Dark Brahma hen? I'm new to all this chicken stuff. Just curious if anyone had been successful with this cross.

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] He might give it a try, but making 'contact' with a big girl like that is an improbability.

3. Jason McGowen

Aug 17, 2015
    He definitely tries!

4. QuoVadis

QuoVadis Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2013
    It could definitely happen ! Bantam roos are generally very good at getting the job done!

5. Jason McGowen

Aug 17, 2015
    Just a quick update. I bought an incubator a few weeks ago and successfully hatched out a Sebright/dark brahma cross chick! I'm pretty stoked about it! The chick appears like its gonna take the Sebright colors with feathers on its feet. I hatched out several sebright batams and this cross is about twice the size at a couple weeks old.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by