On day 19!! Now on day 21 with a temp spike 106& a PIP !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by newnanchic, May 1, 2008.

1. newnanchic

newnanchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I go in 5-6 times an hour to look at my eggs and I want to cherp at them but... How will they hear me if I don't raise the lid. I have so much humidity problems I don't want to kill them now!!!!

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I cannot help you with the humidity problems, but I know that they can hear you through the incubator, at least mine can, whenever I am hatching. I will talk to them, through the closed incubator and I can hear them chirping back at me. I guess that it may depend on what type of incubator that you have, but mine have always heard me talking to them and chirped back at me.

Dorothy

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You don't have to open the bator (please do NOT open the bator). They can hear you. I whistle at my eggs and they will peep back during a hatch.

4. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I will not open!!! I will not open!!!! My hunidity is at 65% and that is as high as I can get it!!!! I will not open!!! I will not open!!!

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    You stay away from opening that incubator!!...lol...They can hear you, just talk to them...I'm on the morning of day 20 for some and I have 2 pips so far out of 13, day 19 for 5 eggs so I'm heading out shopping all day!!! [​IMG]

Your humidity is ok, if you have a kids vaporizer around the house try using it near the bator if you want to up the humidity in the room, sometimes that helps..I do it here in my kitchen in the winter months when I am hatching...once they start pipping & hatching the humidity should rise more...

6. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    I have not opened !!!!!!!

7. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    O.K. now I am at day 21 no PIPS !!!!!!! Onday 20 I have a freaky temp spike!!! 106 did they all die!!! I had to open the bator to cool them down!!! My humidity is at 75 % right now. (It rained today) So do you think I am all right???

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You have to wait and see. Whistle at them and see if you can stir up a peep from one.

9. newnanchic

Jan 3, 2008
    Newnan, Georgia
    GOOD NEWS!!!!! I have a pep!!!!!!! Just one for now but keep your fingers crossed!!!

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

GOOD LUCK [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by