1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

???On Little Giant???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JordanFamily, Apr 30, 2008.

1. JordanFamily

JordanFamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Harrisonville, MO
    I hatched out 21 out of 24 standard sized eggs using this last month.... I forgot to add water for the first two weeks and had a great hatch. Now I'm hatching out some bantam eggs and I'm torn between adding water or not because I had such a good outcome last time with out water for the first 2 weeks. What do you think? Any advice would be appreciated... This is only my second hatch and my first with the smaller eggs. Thanks.[​IMG]

2. skennedy

skennedy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Denham Springs, LA
    Quote:I always make sure the wells are full of water to start and then top them off again when I stop the egg turning.

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I have standards and banties mixed. I am at the end of day 8 with 12 wiggly popcorn shrimp babies. I did water in each of the sides. I got an expensive digital thermometer and it says I've got 44 percent humidity which is exactly what I wanted...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by