1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

On oprah right now , how our meat is raised

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sweetcorn, Oct 14, 2008.

1. sweetcorn

sweetcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    and california's prop 2 , battery hens, pigs, calfs, etc .

2. sweetcorn

Sep 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    They are at a large scale egg farm now , this should increase Byc folks egg sales if people pay attention to this nightmare at the caged egg farms [​IMG]

3. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Yeah I'm watching this right now WITH my husband! He's in shock... he's heard me talk and talk about how it works, and the FDA but now he sees it!

He said he's seen the quality difference between our eggs and these FDA approved caged eggs and he doesn't understand why people WOULDN'T want to pay more knowing the animals have better treatment?! Who wouldn't?

I never skimp on natural foods... I prefer better milk, and better eggs... yet I will buy the store brand cookies instead! Cut costs on other things... stand up, be an american and give a crap about your health and these animals!

I prefer my ladies eggs... more people should home their own!

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    It's on pigs right now. Hope it goes back to cows so my husband gets an idea why I want to raise my own.

5. sweetcorn

Sep 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This is good ! A lot of people who have been clueless will be getting an education today.

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:It's not on here yet. My question is will it be an education in the truth or of exaggerations. My guess is the latter....that's usually how her "find out the truth" shows are.

7. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    It seems to be pretty true to life and then they show the reverse. They're also showing what free range really is, how pigs are raised, etc. I think it's pretty neat.

8. sweetcorn

Sep 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    katy wrote
    It's not on here yet. My question is will it be an education in the truth or of exaggerations. My guess is the latter....that's usually how her "find out the truth" shows are.

They are showing tours of actual farms so it's real footage , you can't exaggerate that. See it with your own eyeballs.​

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:They are showing tours of actual farms so it's real footage , you can't exaggerate that. See it with your own eyeballs.

I will when it comes on in a few minutes.

10. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Basically they're showing the bad sides and the good sides. I think it's pretty awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by