On sudden curled feet

Texasgirl4383

In the Brooder
May 16, 2015
I have my second set of chicks we have a very small flock and wanted to add a few more. My chickens are spoiled rotten. One of my 4 week old Golden Wyandonottes all of a sudden has curled up toes and seems to be weak in a wing. I have wrapped one foot and I have been giving the chick very strong water with poultry electrolytes and vitamins. It's very alert and eating like crazy. What happen? The rest are fine we are devastated and don't know what else to do

Welcome to BYC. If you have some vitamins with electrolytes, I would give the chick some. Could the chick be dehydrated or being kept from water? Was the chick vaccinated for Mareks disease? Can the chick stand and walk?

Not vaccinated for Mareks. If her feet weren't messed up she would walk she keeps trying. I'm giving her the vitamins and electrolytes at a really high does. This makes the second day

Hi I have the same problem and I don't really know what to do because my chick is 4 days old and since day one his leg weren't to we'll if someone could help me please do because he is the only one that hacked out of 6 egg that I put under the hen I know that it is not sparddled legs so don't do that it might be dehydration or needs less vitamin jeep it away from the rest of the flock hope it gets better but I'm not to sure it will my mom is a expert in chickens and she says it going to die. Good luck

Yes we ended up putting it out of its misery. It woke up the next day with its whole legs paralyzed. It was so hard and was not a light decision. We researched, gave tons of vitamins, bonded legs and everything. The others are all fine If yours is four days old try the water therapy. You can look it up. Good luck and God Bless

Back
Top Bottom