1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by eenie114, Dec 12, 2012.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

... A bunch of dwarfs in a fir tree! [​IMG] Who all is going to the theaters to see The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? Personally I want to go to an IMAX theater for the sneak preview of the new Star Trek movie!
    [​IMG]

2. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    I will see the Hobbit for sure, the Star Trek most likely.[​IMG]

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

I would LOVE to see it in the theater. The last movie I went to a theater to see was "the fellowship of the ring".

Showing my age I guess.

And... WHAT NEW STAR TREK MOVIE!!!!!!!?????? I never know nuttin' [​IMG]

4. eenie114

*Whistles* At least you've got my family beat. The last time my sister went to a movie was "March Of The Penguins."

THE new Star Trek movie!! Actually, it's the sequel to the other "new" one that they made back in 2009. So it's the sequel to the prequel. Figure that one out!

5. mississippifarmboy

Thanks eenie, I still haven't decided if I like the first one. I'll probably see it when it comes to DVD though... just to see what all they get wrong. [​IMG]

Walks off muttering "blow up the planet Vulcan!!!! Who's stupid Idea was that? And everyone knows there can only be one "Bones" and that's Jackson DeForest Kelley... stupid writers... stupid directors... stupid "jumping off a spaceship in space and acting like they can breathe" actors...

6. eenie114

The Romulans in the first new one really ticked me off. Romulans, my rear. [​IMG]

7. mississippifarmboy

I know eenie. It's like the Klingons in the original series and in the Star Trek movies. When the first Star Trek movie came out I was sitting there watching thinking "What are those knobby headed things? That ain't no Klingon! Who's stupid idea was that?"

Yeah, I'm a closet Star Trek fan. [​IMG]

8. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    The last movie I saw in a theater was Curse of the Were Rabbit. Really!

Heaven knows, we get our money's worth out of our Netflix account. That's how I got to see the LOTR movies. To my mind, it's a trade-off; you don't get the big-screen experience (with the too-loud sound system) but you sometimes get commentaries, which can be a lot of fun.[​IMG] That's probably how I'll see The Hobbit.

On the subject of Star Trek, well, the fancy-shmancy bicycle that my husband bought me years ago when he roped me into his bike riding hobby is a metallic blue Trek road machine with white tape on the down turned handlebars. I call it "the Andorean."[​IMG] Old Trekkers never die . . . .

they "live long and prosper"! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by