on the road

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by hitnspit, Jan 29, 2011.

1. hitnspit

hitnspit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    New Haven, Vermont
    Anyone try or have any luck with doing chickens for other people? Is there to much crap to deal with on the state side. I have been looking into it but not really getting much info. I got a buddy of mine that wants to get in it with me. Just not sure.... HELP......JIM

2. Wegs813

Wegs813 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    SE Minnesota
    Quote:Where are you located? Regulations differ from state to state. What I would recommend is to call your state Ag dept or someone from a local extension office if you have one.

3. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    do about two days reading of back posts on this thread and you wil find more than you ever need to know.

4. hitnspit

hitnspit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    New Haven, Vermont
    Have found some stuff for slaughtering chickens in vermont. OH MY GOD.... Do they write the laws to put someone in the mental room... To understand the laws you need a 15 years masters.....lol. really want to do this. We here in VT have 1 Slaughter place under USDA that can sell to restaurants and hotels. I feel the need is here. Just need to understand it all... Legal crap.....jim

5. Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Austria
    no idea about the states but in the EU the law is that you can kill your own birds to feed yourself and your family. If you want to sell the birds you need a slaughtermans license and a licensed property in which the birds are slaughtered.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by