On the sunny side of the street..

Chickendirt

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2017
Quebec,Canada
Hello folks thanks for having this site available, I've found it very helpful this past week as I was winding down to the arrival of my first patch of chicks. Thank you. I picked them up yesterday and stuck them in their brooder with the Mama Heating Pad and they seemed very content and happy after just a quick nap. This month is going to be fun.

Welcome to bYC.
How many did you get to start with?
Breeds?
We love pictures! ;)

I was rushed when I placed my order and didn't absorb the info on the breeds and their meanings so I mixed up the word hybrid and duel, thinking perhaps that they're the same. So I ordered 6 Isa Brown pullets and 4 un sexed Isa's and 1 Plymouth Barred Rock cockerel. Then I found this site and got worried that I might not be able to breed the Isa Browns or mix the breeds with the Barred Rock or the Browns will e scrawny little things...I can only keep one Rooster and of course the hens so I'm just going to let them grow up and see how they turn out.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.:D

You'll get lots of eggs from those breeds!;) If you're wanting them to be tame, make sure you hold them each day and spend time talking to them and hand feeding them. They'll turn out okay.

Enjoy them as they grow because they GROW FAST!:eek:

Again, welcome and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

this is one of my surprise cockerels ( I think) he pecked my fingers when I wanted to put him down as if to say nope not until my nap is done.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 4
image.jpeg
I do have a question, one of my little peeps is yawning a lot, well that's what it looks like he's doing but the others chicks aren't so I'm wondering if it's a normal thing or is something wrong. I've seen crows yawn like that when they're hurt.
thanks.

Keep an eye on him.
He may have just eating something that is stuck in his throat.

How is he doing today?

You do understand that the unsexed ones you ordered are most likely all male right?

Back
Top Bottom