Once they hatch...

Ducks81

Chirping
Nov 7, 2019
So thankfully 🙏🏼 So far my two new eggs are thriving! Today is day 8. I was wondering about two things. What does everyone think about cooking the eggs down once a day after day 7? Also, these eggs are from my Indian Runner. When these ducklings hatch and they eventually are introduced to my Runner, will she recognize that they are hers? Or no? Very curious about that. Thanks everyone!! You have all been so helpful!!!! 😊

Hahaha!!! YES!! I meant cooking!!! Autocorrect!! I will send you a photo of my girl when I can and then when the babies are born! 😊 She mated with my Rouen...will they be a mix?
Miss Lydia, so you are saying these ducklings will imprint on me? They will be comfortable with me and not scared/skiddish? What do you think? I’ve never done this before! 😊

Hahaha!!! YES!! I meant cooking!!! Autocorrect!! I will send you a photo of my girl when I can and then when the babies are born! 😊 She mated with my Rouen...will they be a mix?

Yes they will imprint on you and each other. You’ll have to brood them inside your home and take them outside to meet their mom an dad with your close supervision then once they are all feathered in hopefully they will be accepted by the adults. We have a lot of info on setting up a brooder an all your going to need so just let us know with any questions you have. Oh an I hate spell check🙄

Back
Top Bottom