one baby quail?

bobwhitequails

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 5, 2014
One of my two baby quails died today D: and im worried the other one will be money. So far he has just sat there and stared quietly and im worried he will die too.

Is it eating and drinking? Warm enough? You might try putting a small stuffed animal in (like a beanie baby) with him so he has something to snuggle with. I'd also consider buying a companion for the quail if it's not sick. They do better with companions.

Well he is a rescue...and he had a hard trip we took him on. He seems to be very spaces and is staring at a wall. But when I put my hand I there he freaks out. I want him to bond but it's a slow process. He is healthy, but I assume he is in shock. Since we have to take him on a road trip, any tips on how to warm him? Thank you so much

You might try a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and keep him in a draft free area such as a box with a towel over it. How long will your trip be?

around three hours. but we might get him a buddy. do you know if Japanese quail and bobwhite quail, who are both around 1 week old, would get along? I was thinking if they were raised together....

When they are small, most all of them get along. Now is a good time to add a companion of the same or close to the same age.

ok good :) do you know if a chick that is laying on its side is sick? If you put your hand in the box though, he will run a round and peep. I have only caught him doing this on a couple of occasions. I was wondering if I should be worried? Or is he just basking and resting on his side?

I've seen them do all kinds of weird things when they are young and sleep a lot. I saw a post on here a few days ago where a baby chick liked to sleep on it's back! So, if it seems OK otherwise, I would not worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom