1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

one chick not doing good.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Bisqit&Gravy, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    One of the 2 silkie chicks that have hatched is not doing good. It's out with the other chick the the hens but can't move very well. They kept stepping on it while I was changing the heat bulb to a hotter one since it's suppose to be 8 degrees in the morning.

I'm bringing the one chick in but wondering if I should just bring them both since they do better with others. If the one gets better while I be able to move them back out with the adults or will they reject them and beat them up?

2. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Hi!
    Do you have the two babies in a brooder or did you put them in the henhouse/coop with the older ones right away? How old are they?

Christina

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    No they hatched otuside. One hatched Friday and the other Monday. They are the only two chicks right now. The 3 adults are 8 months to a year old.

4. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    I think you should bring them in if they are being trampled by the adults. Do you have a brooder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by