One chicken died and other is puking her food

BahiyyihAyam

Chirping
Jul 12, 2022
Hello!

Last weekend, my Ayam Cemani hen died, but she was getting weak. She wasn’t able to get up, and sadly died.

Now my last remaining Ayam is puking her food. Maybe she is in a depression because she lost her sister, or maybe she is sick too. I bought 4 ayams and 3 have died over the past 3 months. It’s most likely a bad batch that we were sold, because I heard that Ayam Cemanis are a hearty breed.

Any recommendations to help my remaining ayam? I love her so much, and I really don’t want to lose her because she is my late one.

Thanks

Have you done a physical inspection of the remaining hen? Look for bugs, bruises, injuries, etc. Check her weight and muscle mass. How's her poop looking? Mostly importantly, feel her crop and smell her breath. Since chickens are literally unable to puke, I suspect it may be sour crop/fluids that are spilling out of her mouth. Post photos of the puke, poop, the hen, and that will help us give good advice.

Have you done a physical inspection of the remaining hen? Look for bugs, bruises, injuries, etc. Check her weight and muscle mass. How's her poop looking? Mostly importantly, feel her crop and smell her breath. Since chickens are literally unable to puke, I suspect it may be sour crop/fluids that are spilling out of her mouth. Post photos of the puke, poop, the hen, and that will help us give good advice.
She is now not wanting to move or walk around. I will try to see if she eats or drinks water. Here are some pictures of her.
-She has poop on her butt, which I am pretty sure is a bad sign.
-I havnt seen her actually poop though.
-Her weight seems fine, her crop empty’s.
-She just sits down now.
Based off of what has happened with all my Ayams dying, I believe she won’t make it but I do hope she does of course. Any suggestions of how to help her?

I also wanted to add that we have some chocolate silkies, do you think they could get sick too? They do seem fine right now though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 3
Are you able to separate her so you can see if she poops? I would wash the poop off and see if she's egg bound or had an egg break inside.

Do you have any vitamins? Nutradrench or Poultry Cell? I'd give her a direct shot of which ever you have. Try to get her to eat something - try a mash.
This pullet died, she had a mite infestation and didn't make it, she was very lethargic.
@BahiyyihAyam created another thread about her that I responded to.->
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-ayam-cemani-may-have-mites-what-can-i-do.1547826/

Back
Top Bottom