1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One Down, Three to Go

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by helmstead, Jan 11, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Low Boy went home with his new mom today! Here's his last picture before he left...

[​IMG]

Nicky's pick up date is Tuesday, then Betty in February. Still haven't sold Willow...[​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Awwww - so cute! Are those blue eyes too? Very good looking. I'm sure you found a very nice home for him.

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG] I will get goats... one of these days...

4. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:Blue eyes are the one thing I'm missing in my herd. Don't tell DH, but I NEED a blue eyed buck LOL!

Sugar, Low's mom, is a very pretty girl with an especially nice head on her. Her kids always follow suit.

5. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I saw your post on Goat Talk. Sorry that you had to let him go. I know it is hard. I struggle every time. And I have a very small herd. I am the one that posted about my doe dying this week. I have just been so sad I can't stand it. But anyway, he is a sweet looking boy. I sort of like the boys though, they have such personalities don't they. Are you going to have any babies soon, I bet that will help heal the wounds. I can't wait til March for my babies (I hope) to come.

Marie

6. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    aww he so cute

7. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Quote:I'm really sorry about your doe. Are you now treating everyone for cocci?

8. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Yes I am treating the whole bunch. And I have added some calf manna for extra nutrients and made sure they all had some fresh minerals. I trick them sometimes by putting a little food in my hand with minerals on top to make sure they get some. I know they are eating it out of the container, but you never know if all of them are eating some. So I figured that would be good. I also vaccinated everyone and wormed everyone and will repeat in 10 days and then 10 days after that. By then I will have heard back from this stupid vet about whether he will do a fecal on a goat. Otherwis I will be driving the fecals 100 miles to the nearest goat vet. I had a lady out this weekend that use to raise nigerians and she said they look good. Someone on Goat Talk thought they were thin. So I got worried. I take everything so personally and want to make sure they are ok. Anyway, thanks for your concern and for being so sweet. Everyone was so helpful. Take care.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by