One dozen Black Copper Marans Hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MsMarans, Oct 17, 2011.

1. MsMarans

MsMarans Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Norwalk, Iowa
    Beautiful Black Copper Marans hatching eggs! Start your flock early for great dark egg laying birds in 2012! This is an incredibly friendly breed, very docile and easy to raise. The marans is a hardy bird that lays one of the darkest chicken eggs in the world. I have followed the French Standard completely-- all my breeders have feathered shanks, very pretty confirmation and correct copper color.

My breeders are starting to slow down a bit in their egg laying. My darkest egg measured a 7 or 8 on the color scale. Like most marans, their eggs have lightened a bit, but still measuring a 4-6. I do collect my eggs twice daily and place them in an automatic turner until they are shipped.

Payment is required via paypal. I will ship as soon as payment is received. Shipping is $13.00. Eggs will be packed securely in bubble wrap. If you would like to hatch some very quality chicks, you may not want to pass this offer up. I am confident you will not be disappointed. Thanks for your consideration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chevgrl

chevgrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2011
    Western Iowa
    Hey Iowan! Yay! Hey I'm totally interested in some of your eggs probably next spring. Would you mind if I came and looked @ your flock in the spring?
    I've had some duds as far as the chicks I've hatched. Do any of your marans have Carnation combs? Do you know what lines they come from?

3. chick-in-florida

chick-in-florida Chillin' With My Peeps

hey i didn't think about the distance. is it too cold to be shipping from iowa? what are my chances of them hatching by the time they get to me in Florida?

4. MsMarans

MsMarans Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Norwalk, Iowa
    I am pretty confident your eggs will be fine. We are not having freezing temps yet and tomorrow through the weekend we should see 60's. Hope this helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by