1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One Dozen Blue - Splash French Marans Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by rockinpaints, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    We are offering 12 eggs from our beautiful Blue and Splash Marans. Our birds were purchased from private breeders and most were from exhibition stock. We have a total of 12 hens, 10 Blue and 2 Splash. Over these hens we have a Blue roo and Splash roo. Our flock meets the French standards and are feather footed. (However, it is possible to hatch a clean legged chick from time to time, rare but it can happen). Our Blue Marans eggs are not quite as dark as our Black Coppers but they are still very nice eggs.

We are at the end of our hatching season and the girls are still laying quite well. Extras will be included if available on shipping day. We breed Blue to Blue and Splash so your chicks should be a combination of Blues, Splash and Black. What ever you hatch they are sure to be absolutely beautiful chicks!

Because of the delicate time frame of hatching eggs we accept PayPal online payments only (no E-checks please). If you do not use PayPal and would still like to purchase eggs please contact us prior to bidding. Eggs will ship Monday or Tuesday after the sale. Please message us at the end of the sale for a total and payment instructions. Thanks for viewing and Good Luck!

(Our Blue Marans Eggs)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    I checked out your site. Do you have egg pics?

3. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi there and thanks for your interest in our Marans. Some of our Blue Marans lay almost as dark as our BCM but for the most part they are a little lighter. They are very nice eggs for Blues and Splash (the Splash eggs are the lightest ones). Thanks again! Nellie

P.S. Thanks for helping me upload the pic!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  4. chicken stalker

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Quote:Here I'll fix you pic so it shows up here...tadda [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Hey! How did you do that? ( I would like to post more)

6. chicken stalker

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    One way is to load them onto photobucket and copy and paste the link under the uploaded picture that says IMG. The way I altered your link was to click the IMG button right above the smilies and copy and pasted your link inbetween the img codes. Looks like this
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Good luck.

7. rockinpaints

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    OH! (and the light comes on....) Like this? More of my clan! Thank you so much for giving me that tip!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by