One duck died, now the rest are terrified of us???

UkulikelyNot

Hatching
Jul 22, 2021
Hey duck owners

We had 3 backyard ducks, all female. Last week, one suddenly died. We are still awaiting the necropsy results. Anyway, over the past few days, the remaining 2 ducks have become TERRIFIED of us. Tonight when I put them to bed, one was literally trembling when I reached in to adjust their food and water, and the other fully tried to attack me. Theyve always been so sweet and social, what could be wrong?

I feel like they think we killed their sister and are comin' for them next. Help!

Hey duck owners

We had 3 backyard ducks, all female. Last week, one suddenly died. We are still awaiting the necropsy results. Anyway, over the past few days, the remaining 2 ducks have become TERRIFIED of us. Tonight when I put them to bed, one was literally trembling when I reached in to adjust their food and water, and the other fully tried to attack me. Theyve always been so sweet and social, what could be wrong?

I feel like they think we killed their sister and are comin' for them next. Help!
Do you have a game camera? maybe a predator is coming around at night and has scared them.

I'm so sorry. I hope your two girls will begin to find happiness with life again soon. They must be traumatized from the death of their flockmate. I'll be thinking of you and your flock. I'm sorry that I am no help but I wanted to offer my warm thoughts

Back
Top Bottom