One Duck, One Roo, One Hen. What are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SangaChicken, Apr 12, 2009.

1. SangaChicken

SangaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Memphis
    These photos are from my camera phone, so the colors aren't great. This duck, which I presume to be female but who knows, is an irridescent black, green and purple with one or two silver feathers under the wing. She's beautiful. But I have no idea what she is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this Banny Roo any particular variety? His tail is a shiny irridescent green.

[​IMG]

This hen I posted once before, and received a lot of guesses as to her variety.. but everyone asked for more pics. If it helps, I believe she is the culprit laying a golden/copperish/speckled egg. (Unless Brown Leghorns do? Or Silver Laced Hamburgs do? Someone is! And only one of them!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Cayuga? maybe? I'm not great with ducks. Cayugas are typically black.

Phoenix? Possibly leghorn?

The hen is a barred rock (love them!)

And you also have a grey silkie rooster [​IMG]

3. SangaChicken

SangaChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Memphis
    Thank you! Can Pheonix come in Bantam? I had no idea!

As for my rooster, even if I hadn't known what he was, he goes to great lengths to remind me daily. He is the noisiest, most opinionated sucker on the planet. He walks around, REMINDING everyone that he is a very attractive silkie roo, shows preferential treatment to my silkie hens and calls meetings in the chicken coop.. to which all ten of my hens are expected to attend promptly. Generally these meetings are called when he has found something to eat, when he feels like crowing, or right before he stretches his wings. I'm not sure if I love him or despise him.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    He's just a stud-muffin [​IMG]

5. ve

ve Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Palmetto GA
    The boy is OEG bantam

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
  7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    I'll wait till the hen lay an egg just to be sure.... her legs need to be yellow to be a barred rock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by