1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One egg and no more...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by suburbanchick, Aug 3, 2007.

1. suburbanchick

suburbanchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    As I posted on Tuesday, I got my first egg... just one out of 3 SLW's and one Amer. They are about 23 weeks old. Well, today is Friday and I haven't seen a second one yet. What's up with that? Do they take a while to start doing it every day?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Mine take about a month to become regular.

3. greenacre

greenacre Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2007
    South Eastern Michigan
    This happened to me about 3 weeks ago....and I am still waiting (just 1 egg out of 1 birdie). The responses I received from BYC were all pretty much the same thing - good things come to those who wait. [​IMG]

4. suburbanchick

Apr 7, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    You are kidding me! You got one egg 3 weeks ago and not another since? How old are yours?

5. silkiechicken

haha, no wonder. I thought my post didn't get entered... which sometimes I click and it doesn't. So I answer again :p

You can delete a post by clicking on delete in the bottom right hand corner of your post. If your post is the first post, the whole thread gets deleted.

6. suburbanchick

Apr 7, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Thanks silkie, I don't have that option in the first post though. It looks like after you edit it once you no longer have that option. Because the option is there for a later post.

7. silkiechicken

Hmmm... That's interesting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by