One Eyed Brown Leghorn Chick

Catarah999

Hatching
Mar 26, 2018
I've had this chick for roughly a week and I've noticed her right eye is missing. Her beak is fine and doesn't appear to be having any other problems, however I was hoping to get any advice on caring for her that I can. That goes for immediate or preventive action. I can post a picture of her eye as soon as I get home.

Folly's place

Enabler
10 Years
Sep 13, 2011
southern Michigan
Welcome! If the eye was never there, she's already learned to cope. If it's a new injury, it may need help to recover. Pictures should help too.
Any disability can be a real problem for a bird in their flock, although she may be able to manage just find with her flockmates. It depends.
Mary

Catarah999

Hatching
Mar 26, 2018
Welcome! If the eye was never there, she's already learned to cope. If it's a new injury, it may need help to recover. Pictures should help too.
Any disability can be a real problem for a bird in their flock, although she may be able to manage just find with her flockmates. It depends.
Mary
Thank you for the reply. Turns out I jumped the gun a bit. Once I got home and gave her another look, I saw her eye was starting open! I also confirmed she could see out of it by waving my finger in front of it and she reacted. Thank you for the help! At least I know now for next time if this happens again.

Top Bottom