One-eyed rooster

emzee

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
I noticed that my silkie rooster's eye was sealed shut with pus a few days ago. I ran warm water over it and put contact solution in it until he could open it again. However, it keeps on sealing shut again. I noticed some feathers stuck in the pus and pulled them out, but somehow he got more feathers stuck in it again. What's wrong with his eye and what should I do about it?

He may have got a peck in the eye or it could be a sign of illness. How does his beak look? Any gunk around the nostrils?

A little plain Neosporin on the eye may keep it from sealing up.

The beak and nostril area look normal, but now another silkie's eye is the same way. Also, I've noticed white spots forming around their earlobes and on their combs.

My chick got a peck in the eye and its always been red around it and she holds it halfway shut...is there anything i can do....sorry to hijack your thread but its along the same lines...

Only one of the silkies has a spot that takes up about 1/6 of the comb. Also, it's not black at all, it only looks white and sort of moldy.

Okay, here's an update on the eve situation. The rooster's eye seems to be back to normal after putting neosporin on it, but the hen's eye is about the same. Any other suggestions???

Yes, I put neosporin on both of their eyes and it worked on the rooster, but not on the hen.

Back
Top Bottom