One final lonely hen needs a new home or foster friend in Santa Monica

trinitynow

Chirping
10 Years
Nov 12, 2010
Hey everyone,

Our beautiful Dina is now a lone chicken -- our sweet Bronte passed away last month (thanks to all who tried to help us cure her, she rallied for a few weeks but then passed.) We had a flock of 8 for many years but they've all passed in the past couple of years having reached between seven to nine years of age each.

Dina has been getting depressed all alone -- she won't come down from her roost unless I herd her out and she is not eating much. She is in good health. I've been trying to spend a lot of personal time with her, encouraging her to eat, free-ranging her while I do yoga, even bringing her up on the deck and in the house (against my husband's desire). I can tell she is unhappy. I would adopt new hens but hubby and I are moving to Hawaii in a couple of months and transporting birds there is not easy. Dina is five and a half years old -- she still lays three to four months each year. We aren't ready to start a whole new young flock with a big move in front of us.

I live in the Santa Monica/Brentwood area of LA -- any chance someone has another single chicken that might want to come for an extended play date? Or might be interested in adopting my sweet Dina who I love so much? She is very sweet, personable and beautiful.

Any input is welcome.

Attachments

• Dina sunrise.jpeg
    Dina sunrise.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 3

WaterWindStone

Songster
6 Years
Apr 21, 2015
Colorado
Aww....she looks like a real sweetheart. 💗 I hope you can find her a nice home or a friend. I have kept lone birds in the past. A big mirror in the corner of the coop helps, a radio in the coop can keep the atmosphere a bit more alive.

NHUH

Songster
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everyone,

Our beautiful Dina is now a lone chicken -- our sweet Bronte passed away last month (thanks to all who tried to help us cure her, she rallied for a few weeks but then passed.) We had a flock of 8 for many years but they've all passed in the past couple of years having reached between seven to nine years of age each.

Dina has been getting depressed all alone -- she won't come down from her roost unless I herd her out and she is not eating much. She is in good health. I've been trying to spend a lot of personal time with her, encouraging her to eat, free-ranging her while I do yoga, even bringing her up on the deck and in the house (against my husband's desire). I can tell she is unhappy. I would adopt new hens but hubby and I are moving to Hawaii in a couple of months and transporting birds there is not easy. Dina is five and a half years old -- she still lays three to four months each year. We aren't ready to start a whole new young flock with a big move in front of us.

I live in the Santa Monica/Brentwood area of LA -- any chance someone has another single chicken that might want to come for an extended play date? Or might be interested in adopting my sweet Dina who I love so much? She is very sweet, personable and beautiful.

Any input is welcome.
Hi there :)
I would love to adopt Dina!! We’ve been looking for an older hen to join our little
flock of rescues since our oldest lead hen sadly had to cross the rainbow bridge a few months ago. Older hens are amazing. Right now we have 5 chickens and 5 ducks. They are all rescues and they get to safely free range on our fenced in property during the day. Send me a message if you want to get in touch and get way too many details on how much we love our ladies and pamper them haha :)

Top Bottom