1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

One Happy Girl In Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by meandmytwo, May 12, 2009.

1. meandmytwo

meandmytwo Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2009
    Oregon Coast
    Hi,
    Just wanted to stop and tell you something.........................................
    Thank you to whoever started this site. I love it! Im getting so many of my questions answered and loving all the storys and pictures and helpful hints. My name is Sue and I love living in Oregon. I have ten fruit tree's on my lots. Apples, fig, pear, plums. Blackberrys, blueberrys and four raised garden beds that give to me wonderful veggie's I dont have to buy at the store:D Im so lucky to have a wonderful husband who has so many talents and spoils me. We will be married 24yrs in Nov.[​IMG] Ive wanted chickens since I was a little girl and my grandma had them and loved chickens. My sister in MT has chickens (wild and crazy ones!) seventeen I believe and they are mostly free range. Any way my hubby finally gave in and said that for mother's day this year he and the boys would build me a coop and run. So that's what he's doing with about a fourth of my green house. Right now Iam trying to find hen's and getting to be pickey since I will only have four. (will they be lonely?) say yes so my hubby agree's:> LOL Have a wonderful and blessed day.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Hi Welcome and Congrats on the mother's day gift!

Yes! OMG those 4 will be terribly lonely, depressed and probably will not even lay with only four of them there....a good number is 8, 10 or 15 girls. Yes yes. [​IMG]

Or you could go with my number 29 and 1 boy. they are very happy. [​IMG]

BTW I am in Southern Oregon.... Cave Junction. *waving*

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from a neighbor just north of you.

congrats on the chickens

Imp

4. ChickenDogDuck

ChickenDogDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2009
    Or~e~gun
    [​IMG] from just over the other side of the Coast Range, enjoying the peeks of the sun today [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. leearealake

leearealake Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    of course you need more than 4, don't you need more than 4 eggs a day,and they need a roo,and they need more girls around to have fun![​IMG]

7. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] From Washington!

8. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] from NH/ME. 4 is not enough. You don't want them to be lonely. You will love the enablers here [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    HI!!! [​IMG]

Welcome from Arizona!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN
    [​IMG] from MN!