One has arrived!!! What a happy grandson!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by turningchicken, Jul 21, 2010.

1. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    The first finally hatched this morning at 3 am. 2 others have small cracks and are being vocal. Serama is showing no movement or sounds. Wonder if it died trying to peck out???

2. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    oh...how do I send pics

3. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Songster

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    You can go to the uploads link on the blue bar at the top of this forum. Upload them there and then when you come to your post take the link and post it in your message.

4. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    [​IMG]

Thanks..sure hope this works!! OK I see that it did. Does anyone know if this is a blue silkie or blue sizzle? I don't know the difference. Sure is cute, anyway!!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  5. I don't know either but...

Both the chick and your grandson are adorable.

6. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    Thank you, Terry. Our splash cochin just popped out and he said he's going to name it drip! (short for splash) I'll pictures when he's dry1. Have a white silkie trying to call today his birthday too. This is more fun than I ever imagined. Took a day from work to watch all thi, but my, what memories for the grandson.

7. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    Came in here to post...went back and the little silkie has already made it out. Have a good crack in anoth splash cochin.. One cochin and the serama are not showing signs of life.

8. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:Good luck, I hope everything turns out well, please keep us posted...

9. turningchicken

turningchicken Chirping

Jun 8, 2010
    4 LIVE CHICKS!!! Out of 6...which is good for my first success. The serama drowned when the humidity went up. Was rocking yesterday!! Never did this so don't know how newborn chicks act...walk...eat or anything. My second hatch pipped yesterday but didn't hatch until this afternoon. It appears to favor one leg...won't stand on it. Is this still weakness? It can kick it when I pick it up. Don't know if I need to figure out how to make a chick crutch. Sure is healthy otherwise. Any advice would be good.

10. StormyMoon

StormyMoon Songster

May 1, 2010
    Alvarado, TX
    Quote:Congrats on the new babies I hope all is well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by