One hen not laying :(

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cmoore333, Mar 22, 2013.

1. cmoore333

cmoore333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    I adopted 8 hens this past winter at different times , two laid eggs like clock work all winter, five started laying after 14 days, and then there's my Percilla (she's an Ameraucanas) who hasn't even showed any intrest in the nesting box ( even our rooster Frank totally ignores her?. I'm wondering if it's a common experience with this breed... I did buy two Ameraucans chicks so I'm hopeful to get some pretty eggs, this summer:) as I just moved them outside two weeks ago:)

2. chickgarden

chickgarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    I have one hen, an 11 month old Barnevelder, who has never laid an egg. Our Ameraucana is one of our two chickens that did lay all winter. Maybe they are just waiting for longer days and warmer weather?

3. cmoore333

cmoore333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Ya I hope so:) my daughter was concerned that because frank (our rooster) ignores her that she might be a non layer... Just so excited to be getting eggs from all my other ladies I'm just impatient. :) ohh I told my daughter they lay eggs with out a rooster, she was concered about Percilla might be feeling neglected by her man!!! Kids are so funny...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by