One Huge EGG????

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ItalianoChicken, Feb 12, 2016.

1. ItalianoChicken

ItalianoChicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2015
    The other morning we found One HUGE EGG in our nesting box now we have never seen any egg this size before and back to a normal size wow how did this happen? I have some pictures trying to figure how to upload them here! Anyone had any experiences like this?
    ItalianoChicken

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Yep, sometimes hens will lay a double yolked egg (it wasn't all that uncommon with my Black Sex Links) and on rare occasions a hen will even lay a triple yolked egg (although I don't remember ever having a triple yolker laid by any of my hens). Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. As Michael says, its quite normal. One of my girls lays a whopper every 3 days or so which are double yolkers - the poor thing walks like a cowboy [​IMG].

All the best
    CT

4. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    LOL oh that made me laugh poor girl!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    you have to feel for the poor hen after that. Is that the egg in your avatar? Maybe an ostrich stopped by and left one in the nest, because she couldn't hold on any longer. [​IMG]

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

7. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Same thing is common with one of my girls. Double yolkers.

8. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    lol yes it is i even have a pic of it in the egg carton next to the others, I was wondering if my neighbor was playing a trick on me cause he has two ducks lol
    haha
    ItalianoChicken

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    I cracked that Huge Egg today it was a DOUBLE YOKER and made for a great breakfast!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by