One is wiggling-UPDATED! A PIP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mom 2em All, May 10, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Now, I have to stare for a long time, but then it wiggles.

I have worked out in the yard all day- I put an extension fence in around some of the chicken yard, now it is 6 foot tall all the way around. My daughter surprised me by doing the entire housework..all of it, while I was outside thinking how mean my kids are-because nobody would come outside and help me with the fence. I was so happy and guilt-ridden when I came in, that I treated them all to ice cream....came home and stared until I saw a wiggle.

My temp went up to 101- but I just pulled out a vent plug-I didnt want to even get started with that darn controller agin.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Took a moment this morning to whistle to my eggs- and check on the wiggly egg. I am a little slow, its morning...I saw a piece of shell in one of the egg cups by a different egg. And, I thought-"Why is there shell in there?" Duh...PIP! From my only white egg. I wish the hatchery would have given me a list of breeds to guess from.
    Today is Day 20. [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Hooray! I've only got 2 white eggs in this set myself and I agree, I wish I had a selection of breeds to guess from as well. I think they could be leghorns, but who really knows?

Anyways, good luck with the rest of the hatch and post pix [​IMG]

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    okay well this is the most frustrating part of all, I believe.
    Not one single thing has changed since the pips. Not a crack, not a wiggle, nothing. I am convinced they died. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by