1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

One last unknown chicken in our flock..

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ttrjpbcz, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    I hate to ask so much when I just joined, but this is the last chicken I don't know what is. Again, it was given to us along with a buff colored one that looks just the same otherwise. They are about 12 weeks old, can fly and are very small. I don't have a clue what they are. Very friendly however.
    Thanks for any information you may have [​IMG]
    Tonia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cyanne

cyanne Songster

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I think that's a self-blue modern game bantam. I have a little one of those (about 2 wks old) that I found in the assorted bantam bin at the FS and he (or she) also has some of the darker feathers mixed in the wing feathers but the rest is a light bluish color and they have long legs.

I hope mine grows up to be as pretty as yours!

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I don't know what breed, but it is not self blue, it is a splash.

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Crowing

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    modern game splash.

5. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Awesome, thank you! I will google for info about them, but anything I should know? Can you tell if it's a hen or roo?

6. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    Pullet

7. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    Great, thank you all so much! This board is wonderful!!

8. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Songster

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I wouldnt say modern game without seeing her legs better, maybe old english. My old english are shaped like that.

9. cyanne

cyanne Songster

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    pips&peeps :

I don't know what breed, but it is not self blue, it is a splash.

Oops! I thought the splash was white with dark spots! So many colors, it's tough to keep them all straight!

So I guess this means that my little MGB is splash as well? When I got him/her, the color was the self-blue all over though the head fuzz was slightly darker. Now that the wing and tail feathers are growing in, there are some darker blue feathers here and there.

Hmmm, I can't wait to see what she/he ends up looking like! I'm hoping that it's a pullet based on the fact that she's feathering out pretty quick and started growing tail feathers not long after I brought her home. The other chicks I've had who were slow to feather and kept stumpy butts for a while are looking more and more like roosters and I've been told that's one way to spot a rooster.

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'll keep hoping that she's a she!​

10. ttrjpbcz

ttrjpbcz Songster

Jun 30, 2008
    PA
    We are here hoping some of our's are shes as well!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: