One leg paralysed and hen can't stand up nor walk! Please help!

KranK

Songster
Jul 13, 2020
Poland
Yesterday i found out that one of my hen can't stand up and can't walk and when i approachjed her she tried to run away and was flapping her wings etc. I can't feel anything broken in paralysed leg but as i said it seems that she can't move it and it's paralysed. I can move this leg how i want and she acts like she doesnt care. When i move "healthy" one she tries to take it back. She has apetite and yesterday and today i gave her aspirin. She sleeps in a nest currently and during a day she's in outside rabbit cage with straw water and food near her head because she can't even walk up to food and can't even crawl... Some weeks ago i noticed that her keel bone seems veeery thick, like 3 keel bones or 2. Idk if those are hard (?) breast muscles or some tumour/growth or something's wrong with keel.
How can i help her and what can be the cause?
PS. Some of my chickens have died probably due to sick liver (sudden limping, getting skinnier etc. She was limping a bit too but none of previous hens has gotten her leg paralised. A few days ago i was getting chicken and rabbit manure to garden and a bit has spilled out on the chicken run, they were scratching it and eating bugs that lived in it.

I massaged and moved both her legs like she was walking. When i tickled the foorpad of the paralysed leg it started twitching. I tried to make her walk supporting her and moving the paralysed leg and she even made some steps but after few of them she gave up and started falling on the ground. Then in the nest she stood on healthy leg for a moment by all herself

She is walking! Maybe not walking but she tries to jump on her healthy leg and even moves her "paralised" one a bit, i think she uses it as a crutches. She even tries to run away from me and to catch her i need to grab her tail. She's still isolated, only sleeps with other hens in a nest.

Yesterday i found out that one of my hen can't stand up and can't walk and when i approachjed her she tried to run away and was flapping her wings etc. I can't feel anything broken in paralysed leg but as i said it seems that she can't move it and it's paralysed. I can move this leg how i want and she acts like she doesnt care. When i move "healthy" one she tries to take it back. She has apetite and yesterday and today i gave her aspirin. She sleeps in a nest currently and during a day she's in outside rabbit cage with straw water and food near her head because she can't even walk up to food and can't even crawl... Some weeks ago i noticed that her keel bone seems veeery thick, like 3 keel bones or 2. Idk if those are hard (?) breast muscles or some tumour/growth or something's wrong with keel.
How can i help her and what can be the cause?
PS. Some of my chickens have died probably due to sick liver (sudden limping, getting skinnier etc. She was limping a bit too but none of previous hens has gotten her leg paralised. A few days ago i was getting chicken and rabbit manure to garden and a bit has spilled out on the chicken run, they were scratching it and eating bugs that lived in it.
so sorry. i am actually having pretty much the same issue. Its a wait and see issue.

Back
Top Bottom