One less Chicken Killer In The World!!!!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by 7L Farm, Nov 28, 2010.

1. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Yep!!! I was out deer hunting this AM & sure enough out steps a chicken killer.I saw a wanted poster at the feed store so Bang. I did cut the tail off & know a little boy that will probably love to have it.[​IMG]

2. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Was never so shocked when washing dishes a couple of weeks ago and saw a coyote running at break neck speed down below our little hill in the backyard. It did not look like it had stopped to check out the chickens. Grabbed the 22 that I had loaded by the side porch door and got off a few shots in the general direction (think the ground really) to speed him along his way. Just wanted him to know he was not welcome and the people would shoot at him! My neighbor in the direction he was headed told me the next week at the post office that he saw it coming through his yard....right after hearing the shots. He said he could not get to his gun in time but said it never slowed down. I hope he kept going to the bottom of the mountain!!

3. Klukkin Ken

Klukkin Ken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2010
    If you have the land and fence, I hear Jennys do a great job of running off coyotes.

4. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:Sorry you missed but it does happen especially when their running. Sadly, enough I missed one a few days back. The sun was glaring & I couldn't see through the scope but like you said I shot just hoping but missed. I did scare him into the next county though. There's alot of yotes where I live & they are top priority to be eliminated. To me their a worthless animal.

5. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:I don't want to run them off cause they will eventually come back.

6. Klukkin Ken

Klukkin Ken Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2010
    Quote:I don't want to run them off cause they will eventually come back.

Understood. I would shoot them also, but a jenny could be a 24/7 security guard while you are away from them.

7. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I had a girlfreind named Jenny & she ran me off. I now have a deer rifle.

8. rainierlass

rainierlass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2010
    Eatonville,WA
    I had a girlfreind named Jenny & she ran me off. I now have a deer rifle.

[​IMG]

9. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway I know up here in Maine there is always a bounty on coyotes (I believe it's the skin you have to bring in). Good hunting! [​IMG]

10. 7L Farm

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway I know up here in Maine there is always a bounty on coyotes (I believe it's the skin you have to bring in). Good hunting! [​IMG]

Theres no bounty here but there should be. Almost everytime I go hunting I see one. Most of the time their out of range.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by