one little lonely chick :*( NOT so lonly any more!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shmooborp, Jul 8, 2008.

1. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

well i did another hatch! but i only got one little BR... mix.. i feel bad for it cuz its all alone.... what should i do?... give it a stuffed animal i sopose... poor little dude.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2008
  2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

When that happened to me this April, I contacted a local breeder and got a few more of approx same age so she wasn't lonely anymore. chicks are social animals and they love company.

3. shmooborp

thats a good idea.. but there are no local breeders around me that i know of.... unless i order from a hatcherey a few miles away... but i dont know.. [​IMG]

4. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    I have a lone lil' baby too who hatched just this last Friday. We play with him a lot and then at night he is quiet. Although you can hear him/her peeping very quietly to his/herself. There is a stuffed animal in with him/her. There isn't anyone around my area that is selling any baby chicks...soooo s/he will just have to be alone. Poor lil' one.

5. RooManRed

RooManRed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Albany Ga.
    Maybe a mirror would help. At least it could see what looks like another chick in with it.

6. lemurchaser

lemurchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Corvallis, OR
    Your lonely little chick can come stay at my house. I have 2 day old welsummers. If I had one more I'd let you have it as company for your baby.

7. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    Somebody here in Oregon has to have a chick for you, Schmoo! I'll keep my eyes open.....

8. shmooborp

thnaks K7! lemur , its a nice offer.... but i am too attached to the little beeper.... hes too cute ! hes got a stuffed animal with him and it seems to be working... he snuggles with it and dosent peep alot... [​IMG]/....

9. kellim

kellim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2008
    SC, GA Border
    I have a little lone one too. He is 1 week old today. He has a tiny stuffed cat and if you reach in to move the cat he runs over and playfully pecks ya on the finger! Very protective of it's kitty cat!

10. shmooborp

o m g... so the little lonly chick is doing fine...! but i was over bye the incubator about ready to unplug it... because i thought the hatch was over.... i had candled the eggs and NONE of the other ones had development in them... that i could see... so i left them in for the heck of it.. and right when i reach down i hear this faint peep.... i just thought it was the lone chick in the other room.. but the door was closed and it was sleepin... adn then i hear the peep again.. so i look in the bator and one of the eggs is rollin around.. i was like.... no freakin way.... omg... it hasnt piped yet.. so crosss ur fingers it will hatch tonight while i sleep!!!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by