One lonely mallard hen needs a new home:(

Rentrop

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 19, 2011
Santa Fe, Texas
My kids and I originally got two cute mallard chicks around easter. They were fine and healthy, but for some reason one of them died during the night last week. They were inseperable and now I feel like the one we have left is lonely. They were kept indoors they're entire life so I'm not sure what happened to her. We live southwest of Houston and want to find the sad duck a new home. I just want to make sure she finds a good home, and not one where she will be harmed! Both ducks used to be really tame, but since her friend passed away she tends to act a bit skitish and runs from me now. She still tolerates being picked up and hand fed though.

I would if you were closer. I have 2 indoor ducks already and 3 more going outside. You could try the buy sell page here on BYC or maybe putting him on craigslist. Good luck finding a home!!!!

It is too bad you don't live closer to me, I have had one of my females die and thus we are down to one female in the mallard breed. Hopefully you can find her a friend or a home. (they will take to other breeds as all my ducks are friends.

man I wish u were closer to me also... I lost a female , but did get 2 new adults but would take another... and mine also were raised inside (but live outside now lol ) and are very spoiled. dang it... poor baby...

Too bad someones not closer to me. I could drive to meet someone if they were near by. I have to go to Friendswood a lot recently. I still have her. I can't really get her a friend because no one near me I know has any other ducks! I'm sure someone does, but I just don't know who. I keep looking at the classifieds until I can figure something out. Maybe I'll try the auction out on here.

You really do need to post in the BSA area, and also on your local Craig's List.

I'm about to look at Craigslist. I was going to make an auction but it said I had to update my location first and it won't let me do that without 10 posts first. Off to craigslist I guess.

Man...wish you were a little closer. I'm loving these ducks!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom