One month ago I was scared of birds LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Craig's Egg's, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Craig's Egg's

Craig's Egg's Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2011
    Tacoma
    now they live in my house,, and I really don't care that the weather is not warm out yet! I kind of like them right here I don't even have to go out and get cold and wet to check on them or just look at em for a minute or two... hours hahaha!!now I find my self looking for other back yard chickens when riding around town nobody told me this would become a sickness a almost need to see chickens oh well life is good And they are helping me enjoy it colorful eggs and a colorful flock

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] those feathered critters sure are addicting aren't they![​IMG]

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas and yes chickens are addictive.

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    LOL Welcome to the world of Crazy Chicken People! I still dont like birds that fly and I have over 50 chickens and ducks now.

[​IMG]

5. retiredwithchicks

retiredwithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Byrdstown, TN
    Be sure you never hatch any babies or you will be beyond help! The worst of the addictions!

6. Craig's Egg's

Mar 21, 2011
    Tacoma
    I will prob. never have a flying bird my self!!! but these chickens well 'm not even playing they are my new way of life LOL is it common for chickens ro change peoples lifes to the better side hahahahaha

7. Craig's Egg's

Mar 21, 2011
    Tacoma
    oh no I'm looking at incubators right now!!!!

8. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    Craig's Egg's :

I will prob. never have a flying bird my self!!! but these chickens well 'm not even playing they are my new way of life LOL is it common for chickens ro change peoples lifes to the better side hahahahaha

YES. Not only common but a regular thing here on BYC. Welcome to our site and the wonderful world of chickens. We gotcha now. [​IMG]

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Whenever I am driving ANYWHERE - even places I have passed a zillion times - I still look for chickens in folks' yards. I'm always thinking, "Wow, why don't THEY have chickens?? Perfect for 'em!" or "They NEED chickens there..."

And when I do see chickens, I automatically slow down to take a good look. Sometimes I add that location to my repertoire of day trip drives, just to go see those chickens, count them, and try to identify the breeds. I have a favorite road near the office where I often eat my lunch, just watching the free range chickens there.

10. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Craig's Egg's :

oh no I'm looking at incubators right now!!!!

Ha Ha. Another one addicted... LOL​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by