One month chick - shaking & stumbling ?

ChichiMama

Chirping
Jun 22, 2020
Warwick, NY
My chick is one month old- all of a sudden she is shaking and stumbling. She was not like this all day.. I am separating her from the others for a bit until I figure this out. It’s not just her legs... bc she is shaking and just not knowing what to do- is this a nervous system issue ☹️ . She is distressed bc I separated her- I’m trying to keep her warm while I soothe her ... advice please?

Wyorp Rock

🐓 ❤ 🐛
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
Can you post a video of her? Upload to youtube and provide a link.

What do you feed her and how is she normally housed?
A photo of her poop would be good too.

I would keep her relatively warm. See if she will take a few sips of water for you out of a shallow cup.
Let us know how she is doing.

ChichiMama

Chirping
Jun 22, 2020
Warwick, NY
My chick is one month old- all of a sudden she is shaking and stumbling. She was not like this all day.. I am separating her from the others for a bit until I figure this out. It’s not just her legs... bc she is shaking and just not knowing what to do- is this a nervous system issue ☹ . She is distressed bc I separated her- I’m trying to keep her warm while I soothe her ... advice please?
I am uploading a one min video to you tube and it says 18 mins remaining until it’s uploaded 🤨

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Where did the chick come from? I would try to get her drinking water and if you can get Poultry Cell or NutriDrench to give her that wouls be good. There is a disease that affects chicks under a month of age, called AE (avian encephalomyelitis or epidemic tremors.) Symptoms include tremoring, lameness, imbalance, and chicks may lie on their sides.

Hopefully, it is just something less serious, and I would get it drinking and eating. Keep it warm.

ChichiMama

Chirping
Jun 22, 2020
Warwick, NY
Where did the chick come from? I would try to get her drinking water and if you can get Poultry Cell or NutriDrench to give her that wouls be good. There is a disease that affects chicks under a month of age, called AE (avian encephalomyelitis or epidemic tremors.) Symptoms include tremoring, lameness, imbalance, and chicks may lie on their sides.

Hopefully, it is just something less serious, and I would get it drinking and eating. Keep it warm.
We hatched them ourselves in incubators from our own chickens’ eggs...
PLEASE WATCH ⬇

one of her eyes is almost done...

OTHER VIDEO of HER EYES ⬇️⬇️

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Sorry about your chick. It doesn’t look like AE in the video. Cannyou get some Poultry NutriDrench or Poultry Cell today and give it a few drops daily? Is she eating and drinking? What do you mean about her eye—can you be more specific? Is she a frizzle? I think they can suffer from problems, but I have no experience with them.

Top Bottom