1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

one month old peeps pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TurtleChick, Nov 2, 2007.

1. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    so, i'm an animal lover through and through so i KNEW i'd dig the peeps... but i never knew how thoroughly ENCHANTED i was going to be with them!!! [​IMG] i ADORE them!!! i'm glad that there are enablers like you guys out there... my friends and family just humor me!!! i can't believe that they're a month old already. Lello is my best pal, and Turtle is the craziest....

this is Lello, the Red Star
    [​IMG]

Rosie the RIR and Powie (short for Kung Pao - don't ask) the Red Star
    [​IMG]

Turtle the EE with her cute little grey/green legs
    [​IMG]

Rosie posing
    [​IMG]

Rosie and Turtle being cute!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    Oh my goodness!!! That is incredibly cute. That last one where they are smooching should be photo of the week!!! Ahhhhh chicken love it is such a beautiful thing [​IMG]

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Aww... yours look so friendly! [​IMG]

4. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    [​IMG]

thanks! they are soooooo funny. the pic that looks like they're smoochie is what they do when they first come out to "play" - they run around and FLY and skid out and RUN and FLY and then screech to a stop in front of someone and say "YOU LOOKIN' AT ME???? I DID THAT ON PURPOSE!!!" and then do it all again... DH says they act like excited little puppies. [​IMG]

jenniferjo - they are very friendly (NOT SPOILED, don't listen to my husband)... i have a hard time now just cleaning their shavings or changing food/water (that they SPILL/THROW SHAVINGS IN) without having at least 3, if not 4, chicks standing on my arms (or running up to my shoulders) "whatcha doin'? got any food? why are you doing that? can i eat it? ok, i'm going to perch on you and take a nap." can't open the door without them squeezing out and jumping into my lap... i'm thinking now that the major problem with their coop/run is going to be keeping them IN it when i just need to check something and DON'T want them to come running out. bratty lil peeps. good thing they're easily bribed. FOOD FOOD FOOD!

5. nickki99

nickki99 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2007
    North Carolina
    You have some cute little ones. The last pic is so sweet. Have fun cause they grow so fast.

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    VERY cute pics! You sound like a really good chickie momma! Keep up the good work!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by