One month old...Very Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by classroomducks, Nov 28, 2009.

1. classroomducks

classroomducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I cannot believe how fast they have grown. I love coming up to the school and sitting with them in the courtyard for an hour or two on the weekends. They are getting their feathers so fast and they are so big! The mallards are getting beautiful colors. Here are some pics of our lazy afternoon. Enjoy!

We love cheerios!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole group

[​IMG]

I love when they look at you with their heads cocked to the side...as if to say "Is there something I can help you with?"

[​IMG]

Looking for more cheerios

[​IMG]

Look at the beautiful colors the mallard babies are getting

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see clear through his nose to the other side!

[​IMG]

My happy little flock!

[​IMG]

Sorry if i went overboard on the pics, but I am still in awe of how fast they grow, and how beautiful they are!

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Those are such lovely pics of the sunshine! Oh wait, there were ducks in those pictures?

Absolutely gorgeous! [​IMG]

5. DuckMamaorBust

DuckMamaorBust Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2009
    Westford, MA
    Is there such a thing as too pick heavy? I've really enjoyed listening and watching your experience. Do you think you'll be able to keep them in the same brooder until Dec? You have another 4 weeks and they already look huge. [​IMG]

6. classroomducks

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    well 3 weeks...and right now when they all huddle together they only take about 1/4 of the brooder. They still have room to run around, and they get out of it every day for at least an hour or two...when the kids are there...usually 3 times a day for about 3 hours...They seem happy and still seem like they have plenty of room to spare...so yeah i think it will be ok. When I do this again...I def wont be doing 8 babies again.

7. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

What breed are the white ones? They look like they will be nice big ducks:) I've got Cayuga's and Magpies. So nice to see green and water, we are all snowbound here...I brought my duckling about the same size/age inside Thanksgiving Day to swim in the bathtub to help out w/natural instincts and feathering.

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The whites are most likely white pekins [​IMG]

Baby ducks are so cute, thanks for the pics!! (I still don't want any in my house for the winter though! [​IMG])

9. classroomducks

Sep 19, 2009
    Fort Worth, Tx
    yep...the white babies are pekins...and the brown babies are mallards...luckily they arent in my house...they are at my school...not sure which is worse...lol

10. GrannySue

GrannySue Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Heh. I could tell you were from Washington before I even checked your location. I'm just up the coast and we share a lot of weather.
    On the plus side, my "rainy season" ponds were full for a while and the duckies loved it. Now we've had 3 days without a downpour and the ponds have drained. Duck were not pleased when they saw that yesterday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by