One of many "lessons from don't-do's in the quail-rasing world"

Discussion in 'Quail' started by _Randall_, Jul 26, 2010.

1. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    If you put a watermellon quarter (with some red meat still left in it) in a pen of ~60 semi-mature Bobwhites, there will be at least one that will get off right down smack-dab in the crater of the rind (that still has plenty of juice standing in it), and wallow like a pig ................. then..............when he decides to hop out of the "sticky syrup", he just became the target for all others to pluck his soggy, sticky feathers until he.............well, by the time I realized it, it was too late. No more of that kinda treat [​IMG]
    Just a frustrated vent.............

2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Crowing

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Death By Melon.....

Havent Done That 1 Yet, Thanx For The Lesson.

I Can Tell You I Have Had Similar Results With Fresh Corn On The Cob..... But It Wasnt So Much The Cleanup Killin As It Was An All Out Terf War.

3. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Ahhhh Yes, let me guess.................those infamous little terriorist fowl.............the almighty Bobwhite???......LOL
    I swear, I'm gonna invent a shock collar for quail, with a controller that has a different frequency for each one of those little trouble-makers.........and when I do.....................I'm gonna get me some revenge ........... [​IMG]
    I'm into this "Peace & Happiness" thing...........ya'know??????? LOL

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] My DW's uncle's name is Bob White [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: